May 11, 2015

Introducing- TeaLeafCulture

Hello everyone,

FINALLY! MY EXAMS ARE OVER! End of University life! Now I have absolutely no excuses to say why I have no work. I am officially unemployed, guys. Well, today's post is not about my sad rants anymore, its about a realllllyyy long overdue post for this awesome tea that admittedly, got me started on the habit of drinking tea.



Betty from TeaLeafCulture approached me to try one of their teas. I was pleasantly surprised when she first contacted me via Instagram to try their product because I dont have a lot of followers, and I dont even see myself as a major influencer. But of course, I accepted partly because Betty is such a nice person. Thanks for liking pictures of my darling husky, Iris! (: But mostly because I was curious as to such teas in general. When she approached me a realllyyyyy long time ago, such detox and healthy teas were still a new, emerging trend. Tea-drinkers were literally unheard of. Now, its all the rave. (P.s. The highly popular Skinnymint, for example?) 

Anyways, I received one of these portable tea packets in my mail.



TeaLeafCulture

Specializes in premium tea blends. Meticulously formulated in Australia with a combination of organic and natural ingredients from around the world, to meet specific health and well-being needs. 

TLC Tea Trim (As stated behind the packet)

Floral and beautifully sweet-scented. Tea Trim is the perfect tea blend that helps to naturally suppress appetite and boost metabolism - keeping your body in top shape!

Contains:
Organic, sencha green tea, puerh, rose petals, licorice and yerba mate.

Enjoy:
Hot, perfect on its own.

Weight:
15g

** Disclaimer: Please seek medical advice if unsure any of the herbs will react with your physical condition **


| B E N E F I T S |

1. Firstly, the scent is definitely pleasant. It smells floral and when drunk,  refreshing. 

2. I find the effects of tea in general, the most effective when drunk first thing in the morning before breakfast. Whether or not it is just my body, I believe its definitely healthier than drinking coffee! For coffee drinkers who are looking for healthier alternatives to energy boosting or simply wanting to switch up to a healthier lifestyle, might I suggest a cuppa floral-scented tea as a substitute! And what better way to do it with a detox such as this!

3. Does it really help to suppress appetite and boosting metabolism? I believe it did! I apologise for not being able to have more convincing proof such as a 30 day series of photos to depict my progression. You only have my word for it. When I drank the tea, I felt that it did make me feel fuller and I find myself having lesser random food cravings throughout the day. I actually felt significantly less bloated and my abs show more after my completion of the packet. 



HUGE MAJOR BUT. Please dont have the mistaken belief that by drinking this tea, you will naturally get abs. As I lead a pretty active lifestyle by exercising and doing my workouts almost 5 times a day, min. 1.5 hours/day, I am already quite fit and hence, with a healthy lifestyle, my abs maintenance was low. HOWEVER, it IS possible for you to have awesome abs as well! Just remember to consistently workout and have healthier food choices, and eventually, your hard work will pay off. The time period to attain your ideal body is different for everyone due to varying factors such as age, gender, lifestyle, dietary preferences and even, body type! Just be patient and results will show! Similarly, I did not get my abs straight away. Yes, I was skinny but had no abs until I started cheerleading a little over 3 years ago. And even then, my abs only came out 1 year into cheer when I started to get really serious and passionate about it. We had to condition our body for stunts, hence, the need for the body to be fit and strong. 

4. Packet is light, portable and there's a resealable seal so that the tea leaves are kept airtight.

5. Easy on the stomach. Unlike some detox teas where their teas may be made in such a way that they stimulate your stomach to "evacuate" more frequently/actively. I know for sure that when I tried Skinnymint's night cleanse, it did that for me and the experience was not pleasant at all. But if you would like an honest comparison, skinnymint's morning boost and TLC Tea Trim have similar effects in my opinion. Both are great morning boosters. However, skinnymint's smell and taste is more distinctive and fruity whilst TLC is more subtle and has a herbal scent to it. So, herbal scent and taste lovers, you might prefer TLC! 

**Disclaimer: For those who think I might seem like a crazy fanatic trying two teas at one time, please note that I did not do so. I tried Skinnymint after that just for fun, and TLC Tea Trim came about 2-3 weeks before that. I do not believe in constantly drinking such detox teas because I am not trying to lose weight (some people believe it does and that these are the teas' main purposes), I was curious and really wanted to get them mainly for the energy boost that they claimed these teas will be able to provide. I have since stopped and converted to simply drinking normal green tea. **


| D R A W B A C K S |

1. The seal doesnt adhere well because sometimes the tea leaves get stuck there. So my advice when you get it is to leave it either propped up, or flat but not jumbled up with other stuff as movements will cause the aforementioned to happen. This essentially means - dont put it in your bag, because you may have a tendency to find loose tea leaves in your bag and then, your bag will smell like a giant tea bag. Hah. 

2. Loose tea leaves. It is not packed in small tea bags unlike other regular teas. When Betty asked me to review the tea, I told her about this concern of mine. She explained that tea leaves in bags may lose its quality during the packing process and also, the packing quantity per serving. Hence, in a bid to preserve both aspects, they went for loose tea leaves instead. So now here's a good reason to get one of those cute tea infusers you have been secretly eyeing to put your loose tea leaves in! :D

If you are interested, do check out TeaLeafCulture! 
Details as below:

Website: tealeafculture.com
Instagram: tealeafculture 



| F U R T H E R  T H O U G H T S |

As my latest disclaimer had stated, I have since stopped drinking such teas and simply converted to drinking green tea every morning. It was a one-off thing in a bid to feed my curiosity. I believe that drinking tea in general is a good healthy lifestyle initiative and TLC has definitely kick start my drinking tea habit! I will purchase TLC Tea Trim again in future when I feel the need for a good detox, and also for its preferable herbal scent! (: 


** First and last photo, description and content of TLC Tea Trim are taken from TeaLeafCulture's website **

Cheers!

xx
Loves,
Nices

No comments:

Post a Comment