Jun 29, 2017

Celebrating Chinese New Year 2017

Trying to keep up with blogposting and hence, the influx of REALLLLLY belated posts. 

It was CHINESE NEW YEAR in February!!! Didn’t have the time to shop for clothes since I was so busy with work and also, with NTU IHCC 2016/17 which only ended after Chinese New Year. Here are some vain selfies and pictures of myself. Hahahaaa…

Day One of Chinese New Year~

Day Two of Chinese New Year~ 
REALLY vain pictures of myself hahaha.. The boobs popped out after 2 days of heavy eating of Chinese New Year goodies hahahaa... Oh and also because I was on my period. Trust me, after my period, my boobs went back to its normal small size. >.< And in case you ladies are wondering, I was wearing a stick-on bra. :P
This dress was bought TWO years ago while I was in Bali for a cheerleading competition and I only managed to wear it this year. LOL didn’t know what to say, except that my current self is thanking the past self for the impulsive buying of clothes at that time. Glad that I had an emergency dress hahahaha >.<

During Chinese New Year, we did the normal things such as visiting relatives, collecting ang-baos (red packets) and pigging out on Chinese New Year goodies. What was different was that we had two houses less to visit. One was my dad’s godfather who had passed away earlier on last year, and because we only go there to visit him (he lives with his family), we didn’t go to his house this year. Second was my father’s older sister’s house; my oldest aunt. Their younger son, my cousin, passed away due to an accident in Australia when he was holidaying with his family and mother-in-law. The family was celebrating his son’s birthday overseas. One really windy evening, I was told he had gone to the balcony and tried to take a picture of an incoming typhoon. His phone got swept away and he reached out to grab it, before he knew it, the wind swept him off his feet and he was flung down his apartment at least 15 floors above ground. My aunt was heartbroken when she heard the news. I remember attending his funeral nearing the end of last year. I met up with my other cousins there and we cried. To me, he wasn’t a really close cousin possibly due to the age gap between us. Nevertheless, it got all of us thinking about how life is truly so short and so unpredictable. I chatted with my other cousins about the importance of insurance because we heard it was costly to fly his body back to Singapore. We chatted about relationships and how it’s so important to cherish those around us because we really, truly never know. We saw how a death can eat people up so much. My aunt lost so much weight and my uncle looked like he has aged significantly since the last time we saw him. The wife was understandably upset and the son was nowhere to be found. He is probably asleep somewhere, too young to comprehend the tragedy he has just suffered. He will never know of his father and every Father’s Day will be… Sigh, it makes me so upset just thinking about the tragedy surrounding the family. I guess Chinese New Year to me, was simply just a time to take a breather from my hectic life and also, to pause and reflect about the comings and goings of the people in my life.

Keeping my post short today because, it’s just one of those moods. 


xx
Loves
Nices

No comments:

Post a Comment