Jan 15, 2018

Travel Diary to Hong Kong and Macau - What I bought

Hi everyone, so I promised a post where I share some of the goodies I bought at Macau prior to Hong Kong and at Hong Kong itself.

Without further ado, let's get started!

1. Ko Kei Bakery @ Macau Ferry Terminal
Taken from my IG Story (@nicesgjy). As I came home really late that night, my family had already slept. So I placed post-its on goodies (and Laneige product my sister asked me to help her buy) on the dining table so that they will see it before they go to work the following morning. 
Hands down the BEST WALNUT COOKIE EVER! Soft, crumbly and not too sweet! I bought two small boxes and my sister took some to bring to her office. Her colleague, I quote from her, had said "It was so good that at the moment, I forgot what I was doing." Hahahaha :DDD
 
When buying snacks for your office/ colleagues at work, consider getting those that are individually packed so it is easier to hand out. Plus you will find yourself having lesser excuses to "eat the whole thing at one go cause afraid that the entire batch will spoilt" (hahahaa... the excuses we give ourselves to be greedy)! 
The almond flake cookies/ thins in this purple tin is thinner than the walnut cookies. When I first tasted it in the shop, it was REALLY YUMMY! They did have smaller packets (without the cumbersome tin) but it was sold out. I HAD to get it still, so I bought the tin despite it being so cumbersome to lug around and being more expensive. Still worth it though! :)
 Peanut cookies that my grandma and mother really love. Again, I bought individual packets because it is easier to distribute and less messy when eating! 

Additional Information:
I bought this at the ferry terminal while waiting for our ferry. There are plenty of Ko Kei Bakery outlets at Macau itself so you can get these products easily there as well. Nevertheless, the price points are the same across all the outlets. The store, however, is smaller at the terminal than the ones seen at the streets of Macau. Perhaps this contributes to the availability of different products and packaging preferences. Regardless, these products I recommend above ARE REALLY DELICIOUS! :DD
The expiry date ranges between 3-5 months. 
Get products that are individually packed if you are planning to give them out at the office/ to your colleagues and friends! 
If the product you wish to buy comes in tins, unless you really like the packaging, if not, ask if it has a less cumbersome packaging. Sometimes, these products do come in more travel-friendly packaging and tend to be less expensive too. 
Ask them to pack for you nicely because you are carrying it with you back home. 
Food tasting available! (At least for the one I went to at the ferry terminal)

2. Jenny Bakery 

 Located in this building @ 2nd floor


ABSOLUTELY MAD LOVE THE COOKIES! SO ADDICITIVE! Soft and crumbly! I really like their original and coffee cookies! :PPP

Additional Information:
There are many stores that claim to sell the original Jenny Bakery cookies but I'm not too sure if it is really true. To avoid ambiguity and suspicion, we simply chose to go to the original distributor and get it from them directly. 
Jenny Cookies can be bought individually packed (they have 4 flavours per packet, 12 biscuits in each packet) OR just by itself within the tins (2 flavours or 4 flavours).
Personally, I prefer their original and coffee flavour and so, the two-flavoured in one tin is the most worth it. However, the downside is that the tins with individual packs consist of 4 flavours (coffee, original, oatmeal and I can't remember the other one) and they do not sell it with 2 flavours alone. :( Regardless, I bought the 4-flavours tin and shared it with my fellow teacher colleagues back at my tuition centre. They all LOVE the original and coffee flavours, just like me! I bought another 2-flavour tin for myself to eat at home hahaha...
And no, they only sell them in tins. 

Singapore has recently opened an outlet too! So go check it out if you are currently residing in Singapore and really wish to try this!

How to get there & Opening hours:
They have several outlets in Hong Kong but this is the one I went to
 24,42, Mirador Mansion, 64 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong 
(Nearest MTR Tsim Sha Tsui)
9am-7pm daily 

*************************************************
As the goodies that I bought were such a hit with my colleagues and my sister's colleagues, I decided that it would be nice to share with everyone here on the Internet. They are really yummy and nice goodies to bring home. Not too sure about everyone but I prefer to buy food rather than souvenirs back home because souvenirs like keychains, bookmarks and fridge magnets are really quite impractical (unless you are a collector, these stuff are meaningless). As such, I'm more of a foodie. Also, I didn't buy anything else form Hong Kong as the clothes there are winter clothing and not suitable for SG hot summer weather. :(

To see my Travel Diary to Zhu Hai, Hong Kong and Macau (UPDATED 2017), see here
To see my other travel diary entires, simply type it into the search box!
If you have any queries, feel free to comment or slide me a DM at my IG (@nicesgjy). 
(P.S. Although not guaranteed to give you accurate details, I will try my best to help! :D)

xx
Loves, 
Nices

No comments:

Post a Comment