Feb 4, 2016

NTU IHCC 2015/2016

By golly, its been too long since I last updated my blog and pen my thoughts down. I havent really got the chance to do so as I have been supremely busy ever since I got back from my trip to Taiwan over the New Year. Every day has just been a blur, mad rush to do up lesson plans, going to students' houses for private tutoring, teachers' meetings, teaching at a tuition centre, coaching NTU HALL 3 and ACS PISTOLS, and lastly, my own team's cheer training which has recently increased in intensity due to upcoming Nationals in April 2016. With all these activities, I barely had an opportunity to take a breather, more so take some time to pen down my thoughts.

Dont get me wrong,  I am still incredibly busy, but at least one huge job has been done and dusted! The annual NTU Inter-hall Cheerleading Competition (IHCC) 2015/16 had officially came to a close yesterday! I coached NTU HALL 3 WOND3RS and was glad our small, humble team of only 12 players hit an ASU (All Stunts Up) yesterday night. All the worry, late-night traveling to and fro from work in the East to West side, pulau NTU was worth it! Thank you team WOND3RS for pulling through this past month together as a team!


Our team only came together proper in early Jan. As every hall was busy preparing for their routine, we were still struggling with recruiting enough players to make up a proper team, much less run a routine. Basics have to be established within two weeks, and it was then that we decided on just a simple routine, something presentable and doable within such a limited span of time. We knew that with this kind of simple and short routine, we would definitely be DQed (Disqualified), but every hall HAD to participate, lest risk having no competition to compete in the upcoming years. In summary, it was a pretty stressful period and I'm just so immensely glad and grateful that we pulled through! Everyone in the team knew that we would be DQed, yet, they went out onto the mats being proud of the routine I gave them, and hit the ASU!


Okay, so I cried after they finished. But I was just so overwhelmed with happiness (and tiredness), I couldn't control myself. I guess being a coach really gets to you, hahaha... 

For those who don't know: Every year, NTU IHCC will have a theme. This year's theme was SUPERHEROES and we chose Peter Pan! (Though, due to limited time, we did not get to explore the theme to its fullest potential sadly.. :( ) 

This is my second time coaching, but my first time running solo as a coach as I previously co-coached with an ex-teammate of mine for Hall 9. Many people thought I was crazy, taking up Hall 3 whereby most of their residents couldn't care less about cheer. I didn't think much though (I realised I havent put a lot of thought in such things before haha ^O^) I just wanted to coach a Hall, and watch it grow. And I think I got what I wanted in the end. :D


Thank you God for recognising all my efforts and for showing me that no matter how tough the situation is, if you hold on long enough, everything will come through in the end. Thank you Hall 3 for giving me such a wonderful memory to remember NTU IHCC 2015/16 by. 

I feel so grateful and so, so blessed.

But its not over yet, up next, N A T I O N A L S
Let's go! :D


xx
Loves, 
Nices

No comments:

Post a Comment