Feb 9, 2016

Introducing- My Happy Pills! (Part I)

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Its the year of the Monkey! I'm saying this because I'm a fellow Monkey too hahaha (:
While everyone is busy reuniting with their relatives and friends they haven't seen much for the past year, collecting (or giving!) ang bao money and of course, eating those yummy Chinese New Year (CNY) goodies, we have to make sure to watch our calorie count and eat everything in moderation! 

Do you know that one pineapple tart contains 164 calories? Just by having two of those babies, you will have to run/brisk walk for at least 40 minutes before it is completely burnt away! (P.s. Just an estimation, for I am no dietitian! Muahaha :P) 

I have been wanting to put up this recommendation post about my daily health & beauty supplements that I used** to take for a while now, but I just haven't got the time to properly sit down and blog about it. Hence, I'm seizing this CNY holiday (my well-deserved break!) to do so! 


Sharing a #throwback picture of last year's CNY OOTD hahah. Will upload a picture of this year's CNY OOTD if I have the chance :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Take note of the past tense: I used to take it because I wanted to personally try it to see if the results are note-worthy enough. I have no intention of losing weight, because my lifestyle (the sport I'm in; cheer) requires me to have the necessary strength, endurance and energy to execute my skills. However, my philosophy is this: If I don't try it, how can I possibly recommend it to my readers? That's just being plain hypocritical, right? *

** Disclaimer: I am not a certified dietitian or nutritionist. Whatever opinions I have are purely pertaining to my own, personal experiences. Of course, that does not mean I am not accountable or responsible for what I have to say hereinafter. In summary, be a responsible and discernible reader. These are MY opinions and views, it is entirely up to your discretion to decipher what is note-worthy and what should/should not be taken into consideration. **

*** This blogpost is done earlier on Friday, 5th Feb 2016 and posted today ***

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Before I start, I think it is necessary to establish my type of lifestyle so that you, readers, can gauge how similar/different yours is compared to mines and also, make adjustments accordingly to your diet and supplements intake.

I am a full-time tutor and my job requires me to travel around a lot, especially in the late afternoons to night. Hence, I do not have much time for dinner. Whilst traveling, I would grab a light snack from a nearby 7-11 or Cheers store to-go. Sometimes, I might meet up with my friends for late dinner/supper and that's when I have a heavy lunch and skip on the light dinner snack. My cheer practice takes up 3-4 days per week. On days when I don't have cheer practice, I sneak in an hour or two in the mornings to workout. Hence, I exercise practically 5-6 times a week, giving myself 1 rest day. Every cheer practice takes up 4-5 hours, so on average, I exercise at least 18 hours per week. On a weekday, my breakfast meals often consist of cheat meals, meaning whatever I like to eat! Just to start my day happy! :D Recently, I have been crazy about matcha waffles from Yamazaki, and egg tarts in general. MAD INDISCRIMINATE LOVE FOR EGG TARTS! Makes me happy just thinking of them. :DD And my lunch usually consists of home-cooked fish and vegetables or if I have no time, a Subway sandwich to-go. For dinner, as I have mentioned, either a yoghurt, oatmeal cookie snack pack, or the Japanese eggs from 7-11 (which are super good, I must say!) On weekends, depending on my schedule and if I have the time, I would treat myself to sushi, dimsum or anything that requires a huge appetite and at least a 1.5hr seating time. 



That's my current lifestyle for you! Now, moving onto the products (in no order of merit/favourite):

#1 HEALTHY CARE AUSTRALIA: GREEN COFFEE BEAN 




I ate it diligently everyday after breakfast! :D

Description: 
Glucose Metaboliser.
Reduces cravings, supports metabolism, helps reduce fatty storage deposits, supports blood sugar levels after eating.
Made from natural, decaffeinated, green coffee beans.
No added gluten, yeast, milk derivatives, salt, lactose, artificial colour, flavour and preservatives.

Instructions:
Take 2 capsules daily before a main meal. Recommended dose of medicine provides small amounts of caffeine. 


Photos are taken from my own Carousell @nicesgjy (*self-promotion* :D)

Personal Opinion:
Green coffee bean is all the rage these days. Known as effective diet control pills, I brought it back from my trip from Perth, Australia. I tried it, together with the X50 Green Tea Teatox. The effects are not immediate, but gradual. I only realised these pills worked when I was eating the Japanese hotpot at Sukiyaki one fine day. I noticed I ate only two plates of meat, as compared to the usual four. That was observed a little after two weeks, when I was close to finishing the bottle. The golden question is, does it help to lose weight? I would say to a certain extent, yes. It helps to control one's appetite so that you wont binge, even if you are ravenous. However, losing weight does not only mean you eat less, it also means you have to choose the right type of foods to eat. Also, notice that I took it with the X50 Green Tea Teatox, hence, there may be compound effects whereby I have observed a weight loss, but it may be due to the combination of the two products.



Where to get it:
I have a few instock up on my Carousell @nicesgjy for this particular brand, which I got it exclusively off from the Chemist Warehouse in Perth, Australia. 
If you have no preference for any brands, you can try your nearest local drugstore or supplement store! (:


#2 SWISSE WOMEN'S ULTIVITE MULTIVITAMIN



Description:
Support during stress
Assists energy levels, stamina and vitality 
Swisse Women's Ultivite has been formulated based on scientific evidence to provide nutritional support for a busy, stressful lifestyle. 

Instructions:
One tablet daily, during or immediately after a meal, or as directed by a healthcare professional. 



Personal Opinion:
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! My absolute fave, because I think it really does me a world of good! I know that there are a lot of health supplements out there in the market, but I chose this because my friend recommended it to me. When I was in Australia at the local chemist, Asian Chinese women were seen sweeping it off the shelves because it was cheaper to buy it in Aussie, as compared to back in their home country. Of course, the typical kiasu "cannot-lose-out" Singaporean in me had me snatching some of these babies home as well! Its definitely cheaper there than compared to Singapore's Unity/Guardian/Watsons! 

My lifestyle and work schedule is pretty hectic. I teach everyday and train on most days. Its a wonder that my body didn't collapse under all the stress and intensity I put it through. Thankfully, I have these awesome pills to boost my energy levels up. I chose to take it initially because I was experiencing low levels of energy and my period became irregular due to the high levels of stress in my life. But after taking it, I felt so much better everyday and my period became more regular. At the end of every night, I marvel at how my body can even function with no rest in-between throughout my day. Amongst all the health & beauty supplements, this is the only health supplement I have continued to take and am still taking it now. Honestly, there was a period of time when I was so busy, I stopped taking them. And I could totally feel myself slowly crashing. When I resumed my daily dose, I felt so much better. It does not totally eradicate my stress and tiredness levels, but I think it does give my body the necessary vitamins and energy it needs. So do try it! More reviews & elaboration on the SWISSE website here!



Where to get it:
You can get it at your nearest Unity/Guardian/Watson store. They sell 120 tablets at $89 and 80 tablets at $55. Alternatively, if you trust me, I do have some cheaper instocks on my Carousell @nicesgjy for 120 tablets priced at just $69. (Its cheaper as I got it directly from Aussie!) I even sell samples at 30 tablets per bottle for those who are curious to try, but do not want to buy the entire bottle. While stocks last!!


#3 SWISSE HAIR, SKIN & NAILS+ ULTIBOOST 



Description:
Premium quality beauty formula with vitamins and minerals
Supports collagen production
Helps maintain healthy hair,skin and nails 
Contains silica and Vitamin C which helps maintain healthy hair, skin and nails along with zinc to assist minor wound healing and skin health. Also contains biotin, which helps strengthen soft, brittle nails and reduce breaking and splitting. Vitamin C also provides antioxidant support. 

Instructions:
One tablet  during or immediately after a meal, as directed by a healthcare professional.
WARNING: Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period. Not for the treatment of iron deficiency conditions. 



Personal Opinion:
Honestly, I have not gotten around to trying this yet, but it was highly raved by the Asian Chinese woman at the Aussie chemist store, on SWISSE website by Singapore actress Rebecca Lim and even by some of my friends who purchased this product from me. My mom loves it because it helps in collagen production, and there are friends who saw results after a month of taking these babies! Previously, I hadn't gotten round to trying it because I was taking the Swisse Multivitamin, the Green Coffee and drinking X50 Teatox. I figured it was too much of an overkill if I took the Hair,Skin & Nails on top of all that. But since I have finished the X50 Teatox and the Green Coffee Bean, I am considering starting on the Hair, Skin & Nails. Maybe I will do a follow-up on it as well (if time permits, that is. So stay tuned!) That aside, I believe you can trust my friends and the online reviewers that this product is good! 

Where to get it:
You can get it at your nearest Unity/Guardian/Watson store. They only sell 80 tablets at $49. Alternatively, if you trust me, I do have some cheaper instocks on my Carousell @nicesgjy for 100 tablets (Priced at just $59). I even sell samples at 30 tablets per bottle for those who are curious to try, but do not want to buy the entire bottle. While stocks last!!


Sample bottles kept carefully in a jar! :D


All these photos are mines, and mines alone. Feel free to share, but just drop me a message so I know! :D Also, some of you skeptics may feel that I'm abusing this recommended post as a means to sell my products from Carousell. Well yes, I am. BUT, I wouldn't sell something that I think is not good or beneficial, right? By selling it, not only am I recommending you, my dear readers, the product, but am also providing a source for where you can get it conveniently. Isn't that killing two birds with one stone? 



Anyways, stay tuned for My Happy Pills (Part II) for more recommended health & beauty supplements! Meanwhile, HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR, once again dearies! (:


xx
Loves,
Nices

No comments:

Post a Comment